SCHOLARSHIPS AND ENDOWMENT PRIZES
SFS Scholarships have been instituted by the College for students who excel in the University Examinations every year. The topper of the college will be eligible for the award. Students who perform outstandingly in the Final Examination will also receive special award. The following SFSC endowment prizes are awarded to the students who excel in academic, curricular or co-curricular activities. They shall be awarded on SFSC Annual Day.
1. Mermier Award for Excellence – Best student of the year ( Final year) Rs.5000/-
Conditions for scholarship and other endorsements:
2. De Sales Excellence Award – Best Graduate of the year (final year) Rs. 5000/-
3. Fransalian Scholarship for meritorious students 60% above marks for semester exam
4. Fransalian Scholarship for economically backward students
1. 75% attendance
2. Active participation in all the activities and programs of the college
3. Good disciplined behavior
4. Participation in innovative and creative projects
ECO - FRIENDLY CAMPUS
SFS College, Aalo has adopted the ‘Green Campus’ system for environmental conservation and sustainability and focuses on the following objectives:
1. To improve environment of the college campus
Institution has developed a multi-pronged approach in the following areas-established kitchen gardens with various vegetables and fruit giving trees like banana, guava, pomegranate and some local fruits. Institution has adopted rain water harvesting to conserve rain water. It has also adopted an effective waste collection and disposal system which helps to keep the campus clean. The manure which is made out of waste is used wisely in the kitchen gardens and flower gardens. Vermi compost is also playing a vital role as highly nutritive manure for gardens. Green campus helps to control storm water drainage and soil erosion.
2. To spread awareness among the students and other members of the college about the environment conservation
3. To assess management system of solid waste, liquid waste and e-waste of the college campus.
4. To reduce noise, water, air pollution through preventive measures
5. To encourage tree plantation, use of organic fertilizer
6. To reduce the dependency of non-renewable source of energy and encourage use of alternate sources.